June 5, 2016 – Lancaster, PA
3rd Annual MakersFest
Street festival celebrating making & makers
The 300 Block of North Queen Street, Lancaster || Community hub and the premier shopping district in Lancaster.
The 300 Block of North Queen Street is home to the Pennsylvania Guild Store and workshop facility, along with a quirky, eclectic selection of retro, antique and collectibles shops, brand-name fashions, a glass studio, art galleries, casual cafés, and Downtown Lancaster’s only collection of indoor shops. The 300 Block is within walking distance from the Central Market, Lancaster Marriott and Convention Center and Clipper Magazine Stadium. The diverse mix of shops and restaurants coupled with the prime location make the 300 Block a hot-spot destination for tourists and locals alike!
The event will highlight emerging artists but makers at all levels in their careers are welcome! There will be live music, food trucks, and hands-on activities for all ages that focus on the artistry and ingenuity of making. All the craft on display is the inspired work of the craftsmen in the booth, ranging from ceramics to jewelry, handmade clothing, weaving, artisan furniture, functional objects, and more.
Highlights from 2015 include…
Make a shirt for free
Bring your own blank shirt* with you, and we’ll help you screenprint our “Lancaster City of Makers” design. You get to help. And youll be able to wear it home! Special thanks to Thaddeus Stevens Graphics department for the screenprinting and the Infantree for the designs.
*Fresh, clean, blank, made in USA shirts also available to purchase for $10 while supplies last. Your shirt can be white or color, adult or kid size.
Solder zone, make a pin
Beginning at 10 am, kids* ages 10 and up, can learn how to solder by making a little MakerBot pin. Each budding maker will be individually guided by an expert maker. The budding maker gets a turn soldering together the pin face to the tie-tack, and the red LED lights. Once finished, the robot pin will blink and can be worn home!
*Parent or guardian will need to sign a release. Cost of the lesson and materials is only $5.
- Silk-screen your own “Lancaster, City of Makers” shirt with Graphic Communications & Printing Technology at Thaddeus Stevens College of Technology
- Food Trucks in Building Character courtyard
- 3-D printing demonstrations with Make717 and PrintedSolid – and try your own hand at designing a trinket to be printed!
- Chalk up the sidewalk with Lancaster Transplant
- Soldering Zone (ages 10 & up) with Make717
- Personalized bookmark printing with The .918 Club of Heritage Press Museum
- Lancaster Creative Reuse will host an upcycled craft table
- Make origami with the Pennsylvania College of Art & Design
- Indoors at 335 N Queen St, enjoy a painting zone, try the messy and wonderful process of decorating paste paper, then watch woodturning and weaving demonstrations in the Guild’s classrooms
Preview the festival
The Event Layout (2015)