What your Gift makes possible
The Center of American Craft has opened its doors and made so much more possible for members and patrons of fine craft:
- 6,000 sq. ft. cleared of debris for craft activity
- Vibrant 850 sq. ft. store opens & celebrates fine craft sales of over $50,000
- Elegant first floor gallery opens and hosts many exhibitions
- 235 volunteers help create class space
- Fully functional Hot Shop, Wood Studio and Fiber Studio
- 100+ classes held
- 300+ students served
- 14,000+ visitors on site
- $245,000 donated for renovations and educational programs
Please help keep the momentum going.
For 70 years, the Pennsylvania Guild has served as one of the best educational resources for makers of fine craft in Pennsylvania and surrounding states. Now the 7th largest craft organization in the nation, the PA Guild reaches more than 100,000 people annually. We are in an exciting campaign to transform an old warehouse in downtown Lancaster into a vibrant Community Magnet that will offer daily and weekly classes.
Continuing gifts of all sizes and shapes are needed to complete renovations. The sooner the dollars are raised, the faster the Center of American Craft can serve more audiences—including artists of all ages and abilities from beginners to professionals, from youth to seniors.
You can make it happen with your unrestricted gift to the Guild.
Ideas of what your gift could make possible:
- $150 buys 1 overhead light for a classroom or small sets of jewelry tools or casting equipment
- $600 supplies a scroll saw or a printing press or sewing machine or a fire-rated door for a classroom
- $1,500 lights an entire classroom
- $2,500 runs adequate plumbing or electrical capacity loads to a classroom
- $15,000 equips a classroom with most tools, materials and supplies
- $25,000 carves out the space for 1 of 6 classrooms including fiber, wood, jewelry & glass workshops, a clay studio, lecture room and clean craft spaces
- $75,000 renovates all bathrooms, storage, exhibition spaces and complicated ceiling changes
- $125,000 enables a 150+ foot long exterior mural celebrating Pennsylvania’s legacy of fine craftsmanship, and simultaneously providing a highly visible and accessible public art installation that draws attention to craft
- $275,000 installs an elevator with access to all levels and provides handicapped access through a new exterior atrium at street level and makes it possible for all students to access classrooms (most of which are located on the 2nd floor)
- $1 million accomplishes the bucket list, resolves the mortgage, and contributes a vital investment to the Guild’s endowment fund, thereby ensuring future growth and long term stability for all
Be a part of the transformation.
All gifts may be paid over time. Please consider committing to a five year pledge (at quarterly or annual installments). You may submit donations via credit card, check, PayPal or through transfers of stock. For more information, please contact:
Pennsylvania Guild of Craftsmen
Center of American Craft
335 N. Queen St
Lancaster, PA 17603
Attn: Jenny Germann
Do you shop online? Support the Guild with AmazonSmile
AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to support your favorite charitable organization every time you shop, at no cost to you. When you shop at smile.amazon.com, you’ll find the exact same low prices, vast selection and convenient shopping experience as Amazon.com, with the added bonus that Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase price to your favorite charitable organization. On your first visit to AmazonSmile, you can select the Pennsylvania Guild of Craftsmen as your charitable organization to receive donations from eligible purchases before you begin shopping and then every eligible purchase you make on AmazonSmile will result in a donation!
Donate Tools & Equipment
Contact Jenny at 717-431-8706 or via email email@example.com to discuss equipment and tools that you may wish to donate to our workshop program. Here is the current wish list for jewelry, metals and glass program.
|set of 6 pliers: fine-tip chain-nose, long chain-nose, duck-bill, fine-tip flatnose, bent long-chain-nose, tine-tip roundnose||4|
|jeweler's saw, adjustable blade length, 5" throat||4|
|Thanks!||motor hangers with clamps||8|
|Thanks!||copper tongs, straight||1|
|Thanks!||copper tongs, bent||1|
|Thanks!||soldering tweezers, set of 4||2|
|assortment of trivets|
|alundum stones, 120 grit|
|alundum stones, 220 grit|
|small sifter for enameling||1|
|medium sifter for enameling||2|
|large sifters for enameling||3|
|Thanks!||hand-held tube cutter jig||2|
|wax tools, wolf set, 18 pieces||1|
|needle file set, wax, cut coarse||1|
|Anvils, 35 lb||2|
|4-Harness Table Looms||4|