Support the Guild
Created in 1944 to support the arts through programs that serve, educate and enrich the community, the Pennsylvania Guild of Craftsmen is a private, 501(c)(3) non-profit. At the Guild, we believe that fine craft, both traditional and contemporary, enriches the lives of individuals and the community as a whole. We strive to preserve the practice of making and pass it on to future generations through education and community engagement, while supporting and promoting excellence in working craftsmen through exhibitions, retail opportunities, professional development and continuing education.
For 71 years, the Pennsylvania Guild has served as one of the best educational resources for makers of fine craft in Pennsylvania and surrounding states. Now the 7th largest craft organization in the nation, the Pennsylvania Guild reaches more than 100,000 people annually. Your support allows us to keep workshops affordable, providing access to hundreds of students each year. It allows us to offer free community events like demonstrations, lectures and MakersFest. Your support also works to ensure that the Guild can continue to serve as a cultural leader in the arts, furthering mission nationally as well as locally. All contributions made by Donor Circle members go directly to the area where their impact will be the greatest.
Ways to Contribute
- Make a donation today! Click our “donate now” button:
- Download our pledge form (pdf)
- Make an in-kind gift. See our equipment wish list (scroll down)
All gifts may be paid over time. Please consider committing to a five year pledge (in quarterly or annual installments). You may submit donations via credit card, check, PayPal, through transfers of stock or via planned gifts. Mailed donations sent to the address below:
Pennsylvania Guild of Craftsmen
Center of American Craft
335 N. Queen St
Lancaster, PA 17603
Attn: Jenny Germann
The Pennsylvania Guild of Craftsmen is a 501(c)(3) organization, donations to which are deductible to the fullest extent permitted by law. A copy of the official registration and financial information may be obtained from the PA Department of State by calling toll free within PA 1-800-732-0999. Registration does not imply endorsement.
Join the Guild Gift Club!
The Guild Gift Club is a generous and effective way for you to support The Pennsylvania Guild of Craftsmen in an ongoing manner. Through your monthly donations, the Gift Club provides the Guild with a consistent and reliable source of funding that allows us to plan for the future. Join the Guild Gift Club today and enjoy:
- Giving hassle-free monthly donations*
- Automatic withdrawal from your credit card or checking account
- Complete statements provided for tax purposes
- Monthly e-newsletters
- The ability to change or suspend your donation at any time
- Recognition as a Gift Club member on all donor lists
- The knowledge that your donation is put to work immediately to enrich your community with the arts
*$10 minimum monthly donation.
Joining the Gift Club online is not an option at this time. If you would like to join the Gift Club please contact Jenny Germann at 717.431.8706 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pennsylvania Guild Giving Circles
Donor Circles of the Pennsylvania Guild of Craftsmen are the highest level of support for the organization. As a Donor Circle member, you can enjoy all the benefits of Friend membership in addition to many other exciting opportunities!
Pennsylvania Guild Giving Circle members are dedicated to engaging with the cultural community and empowering artists across all disciplines. Giving Circles are an annual commitment that we depend upon to help ensure that the Guild can continue to offer top-notch shows and exhibitions, and vital educational programming for all ages. Please consider joining one of the Pennsylvania Guild Giving Circles and rest assured that your investment will enhance the communities in which we all live and work. Gifts to Guild Giving Circles are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law.
$250-$499 / Arts Enthusiast Circle
(Entire gift is deductible)
- One Friend membership which includes free entry for one to all ticketed Guild shows
- Admission to more than 650 NARM affiliated cultural and historical institutions
- Recognition in our show program and on the pacrafts.org website
$500-$999 / Artful Supporter Circle
(Entire gift is non-deductible)
In addition to Arts Enthusiast privileges, we offer Artful Supporter donors:
- Invitation to exclusive events and openings at the Center of American Craft
$1000-$2499 / Arts Advocate
(Entire gift is deductible)
In addition to Artful Supporter privileges, we offer Arts Advocate donors:
- One additional Friend memberships (two memberships total)
- Two guest passes to each of our ticketed shows
- Two tickets to our annual Guild Gives Back donor appreciation event
$2500-$4999 / Patron of the Arts Circle
(non-deductible amount: $60)
In addition to Arts Advocate privileges, we offer Patron of the Arts donors:
- Two tickets to annual fundraiser
- Two additional guest passes to each of our ticketed shows (four total)
$5000-$9999 / Creative Cultivator Circle
(non-deductible amount: $60)
In addition to Patron of the Arts privileges, we offer Creative Cultivator donors:
- Two additional tickets to our annual Guild Gives Back event (four total)
- The opportunity to host an exhibition reception from the Guild’s annual exhibition calendar. As a host, you will be acknowledged onsite, online and in related print materials, and will have the use of the Gallery space for a private reception during the run of the exhibition. Hosts may choose the exhibition they wish to host, pending availability.
$10,000+ / Maker’s Circle
(non-deductible amount: $120)
In addition to Creative Cultivator privileges, we offer Maker’s Circle donors:
- Two additional friend memberships (four memberships total)
- Two additional tickets to annual fundraiser (four total)
- Invitation for two to attend VIP appreciation dinner with Guild Executive Director and Board President
Joining a Donor Circle online is not an option at this time. If you would like to join a Circle please contact Jenny Germann at 717.431.8706 or email@example.com.
Matching Gift Program: More than 1,000 organizations in the United States will match their employees’ gifts to non-profit organizations. As part of their employee benefits program, participating companies often match the gift of an eligible company employee with corporate or company funds. By asking your employer to match your gift to the Pennsylvania Guild of Craftsmen, your donation will be significantly increased and therefore, it will have greater impact on the organization. Ask your personnel office for a matching gift form and simply send it in with your donation.
Gifts of Stock: Many donors enjoy the financial rewards of supporting the Pennsylvania Guild of Craftsmen with a gift of stock. With your stock gift you will receive a tax deduction based on the value of the stock at the time it is donated. A gift of stock may be deducted for charitable income tax deduction purposes at its fair market value, even if the stock’s original cost to you was less than its current value. This option appeals to many of our donors because the effective cost of a gift of stock may be less than the cost of a gift of cash.
Gifts in Honor or In Memory Of: Gifts can be made in honor, or in memory of someone important to you. Just let us know who the gift recognizes provide an address so that we can notify the appropriate person(s) of your important gift.
If you are considering a Matching Gift, a Gift of Stock or a Gift in Honor of, to support the Guild, please contact Jenny Germann at 717.431.8706 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Support the Center of American Craft
Ideas of what your gift could make possible:
- $150 buys 1 overhead light for a classroom or small sets of jewelry tools or casting equipment
- $600 supplies a scroll saw or a printing press or sewing machine or a fire-rated door for a classroom
- $1,500 lights an entire classroom
- $2,500 runs adequate plumbing or electrical capacity loads to a classroom
- $15,000 equips a classroom with most tools, materials and supplies
- $25,000 carves out the space for 1 of 6 classrooms including fiber, wood, jewelry & glass workshops, a clay studio, lecture room and clean craft spaces
- $75,000 renovates all bathrooms, storage, exhibition spaces and complicated ceiling changes
- $125,000 enables a 150+ foot long exterior mural celebrating Pennsylvania’s legacy of fine craftsmanship, and simultaneously providing a highly visible and accessible public art installation that draws attention to craft
- $275,000 installs an elevator with access to all levels and provides handicapped access through a new exterior atrium at street level and makes it possible for all students to access classrooms (most of which are located on the 2nd floor)
- $1 million accomplishes the bucket list, resolves the mortgage, and contributes a vital investment to the Guild’s endowment fund, thereby ensuring future growth and long term stability for all
Support the Guild with AmazonSmile
Do you shop online? AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to support your favorite charitable organization every time you shop, at no cost to you. When you shop at smile.amazon.com, you’ll find the exact same low prices, vast selection and convenient shopping experience as Amazon.com, with the added bonus that Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase price to your favorite charitable organization. On your first visit to AmazonSmile, you can select the Pennsylvania Guild of Craftsmen as your charitable organization to receive donations from eligible purchases before you begin shopping and then every eligible purchase you make on AmazonSmile will result in a donation!
Donate Tools & Equipment
Contact Jenny at 717-431-8706 or via email email@example.com to discuss equipment and tools that you may wish to donate to our workshop program. Here is the current wish list for jewelry, metals and glass program.
|set of 6 pliers: fine-tip chain-nose, long chain-nose, duck-bill, fine-tip flatnose, bent long-chain-nose, tine-tip roundnose||4|
|jeweler's saw, adjustable blade length, 5" throat||4|
|Thanks!||motor hangers with clamps||8|
|Thanks!||copper tongs, straight||1|
|Thanks!||copper tongs, bent||1|
|Thanks!||soldering tweezers, set of 4||2|
|Thanks!||hand-held tube cutter jig||2|
|4-Harness Table Looms||4|