The Pennsylvania Guild of Craftsmen is the nation’s 7th largest craft organization and only all-craft association in Pennsylvania. The Guild strives to preserve the practice of craft and pass it on to the future generations through education and community engagement while supporting and promoting excellence in working craftsmen through exhibitions, retail opportunities, professional development and continued education.
Job Title: Youth Arts Instructor
Structure: The Youth Arts Instructor is a 7-10-hour/week seasonal position and reports to the Education Manager. Desired start date is June 3; flexible weekly schedule, but Saturdays from 9-1 is required.
General Duties: The Youth Arts Instructor works closely with the Education Manager to plan and teach for the established and emerging youth arts programs at the Guild. Primary responsibilities will be to continue the Youth Art Saturdays program and to develop and teach at three summer camps. During summer camp weeks, 15-20 hours per week will be required. Anticipated wage is $10 per hour.
- Planning and teaching Youth Art Saturdays classes
- Planning and teaching three summer camps
- Writing the monthly email newsletter to members
- Managing social media channels
- Demonstrating and outreach in support of the youth arts program
- Provide administrative support as time allows
- Other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Self starter and independent worker
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong ability to multi-task
- Team player with proven interpersonal skills
- Reliable transportation
- Applicant must complete Childline clearance, state criminal background check, and FBI fingerprint clearance
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- 1 year of experience teaching in the arts
- 1 year of experience teaching children
- Bachelor’s degree in art education
Special Abilities: Ability to be trained on the job quickly; a positive demeanor; ability to multi-task; and a flexible mindset while responding to student and organizational needs.
How to apply:
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume including three references via email only to email@example.com. No phone calls, walk ins or snail mail accepted. All applicants will receive an email confirmation of receipt and details on the hiring process and timeline.
The Pennsylvania Guild of Craftsmen does not discriminate in hiring, membership and provision of services with regard to race, color, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, political ideology, age, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin or presence of sensory, mental or physical disability.