The Pennsylvania Guild of Craftsmen is the nation’s 7th largest craft organization and only all-craft association in Pennsylvania. The Guild strives to preserve the practice of craft and pass it on to the future generations through education and community engagement while supporting and promoting excellence in working craftsmen through exhibitions, retail opportunities, professional development and continued education.
Job Title: Development & Marketing Manager
Structure: Full-time exempt Reports to: Executive Director Salary Range: $40-45,000
General Duties: The Development & Marketing Manager is responsible for the creation of all marketing and fundraising strategies to grow the base of philanthropic support and increase public awareness of the Guild. The Manager will set the organization’s strategic fundraising and marketing agendas to achieve and exceed its revenue goals through the solicitation of individual, corporate and foundation support and grants and raise awareness of the organization and its programs throughout the region.
- Identify, cultivate and solicit support by developing and maintaining relationships
- Develop and execute the Guild’s annual fundraising plan
- Responsible for gift processing and acknowledgement
- Manage Development budget
- Identify opportunities for granting support
- Responsible for writing and submitting new and renewed grants and reports
- Responsible for development, writing, image collection and printing for fundraising campaigns, acknowledgement materials, fundraising event collateral, etc.
- Preparation of monthly Development reports for Executive Director and Development Committee
- Plan and manage special fundraising events and projects
- Work with Event Manager and Education Manager to identify sponsorship opportunities
- Develop and personalize sponsorship packets
- Cultivate and solicit financial and in-kind sponsorship support
- Oversees Development Committee including recruitment and training of volunteers and committee members
- Develop strategic marketing plan for organization including all Guild programs
- Work with Education Manager to identify and pursue potential program partnerships and strategic alliances that will extend the organization’s brand in the community and increase avenues of support
- Work with the Executive Director to develop a comprehensive marketing plan that includes events, media relations, press releases, social networking, Annual Report, website, newsletters and branding
- Promote events including Art Walk, Open House, First Friday events and Fine Craft Fairs.
- Work with the Executive Director to grow positive awareness of the organization and strengthen its reputation with members, funders and the communities it serves
- Manage the production and distribution of ancillary materials that support organizational goals
- Identify and pursue PR opportunities with local and regional media outlets
- Other duties as assigned
- Fundraising experience (2 years minimum)
- Marketing and social media experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and fundraising software
- Strong abilities to multi-task
- Proven interpersonal skills
- Self starter, independent worker
- Team player
- Bachelor’s degree required
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Membership or event experience
- Experience working in non-profit organizations
- Design software experience a plus
- Arts background a plus
Special Abilities: Ability to be trained on the job quickly. Ability to keep a positive demeanor under sometimes stressful work environment with an ability to multitask and adapt to an evolving organizational structure.
How to apply: Applicants should email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- Cover letter expressing their interest and outlining how they meet the requirements of the position
- Three professional references
- Two writing samples
Open until filled.
The Pennsylvania Guild of Craftsmen does not discriminate in hiring, membership and provision of services with regard to race, color, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, political ideology, age, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin or presence of sensory, mental or physical disability.