All Chapters receive membership support. Your Guild membership dues are discounted to allow for Chapter dues. Your Guild membership combines these dues in one payment.
It’s easy. Begin with just 10 people interested in craft and then contact us for next steps & details! 717-431-8706
Mailing list pulls, weekly promotions about fine craft, contests, prizes, workshops in your neighborhood. The Guild partners all year long with Chapters. The more active your Chapter, the more benefits Chapter members receive. View upcoming chapter events in the right sidebar.
Upcoming Chapter Events:
Susquehanna Valley 5th Anniversary Chapter Exhibition
April 5 – 30, 2019
The Pennsylvania Guild of Craftsmen Store & Gallery at 335 N. Queen Street, Lancaster will host the Susquehanna Valley Chapter’s Exhibition of fine art and craft. The exhibition runs from April 2 through April 27, 2019. There will be an opening reception on April 5th (First Friday) with light refreshments and a chance to meet the artists from the Susquehanna Chapter. For more information on the Susquehanna Valley Chapter please see their website at http://www.svcrafts.org/
Susquehanna Valley Chapter at the Cherry Blossom Festival
May 4, 2019, from 9 am – 3 pm
The Susquehanna Valley Chapter will have two demonstration tents, and one display/information/1,000 Bees project tent at the 30th Annual Cherry Blossom Festival in Millersburg, PA. It’s a one-day event—May 4, from 9 am to 3 pm in the town square. Members will demonstrate pottery on a wheel, jewelry making, fraktur, wool spinning, plein air painting, woodturning on a lathe, and more. For more information visit: http://millersburgpa.org/
Bucks & Chester County Artsfest
May 4, 2019, from 10 am – 4 pm
To celebrate the 75th Anniversary of the Pennsylvania Guild of Craftsman, the Bucks County and Chester County chapters will host a show in Historic Sugartown Village in Malvern, Pa.
Haverford Guild of Craftsmen 10th Anniversary Potluck Picnic
August 18, 2019, from 5 -9 pm
You are welcome to join us as we celebrate our 10th anniversary and the PCG’s 75th anniversary at our summer potluck on August 18, 2019, at 5 PM at 336 Echo Valley Ln – Newtown Square, PA 19073. For more details, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pocono State Craft Festival
August 24 & 25, 2019 from 10 am – 5 pm
|Apply to the Pocono State Craft Festival, now in its 37th year. 60 quality artists and artisans are selected each year for this well attended and well-regarded show. First jury March 11, rolling until filled. Don’t wait to apply, many categories fill quickly. Go to www.poconocrafts.com for information and application.|
Designed for someone who is actively working in craft at any level, who is creating and/or sharing his or her work with the public at events, exhibitions, galleries, online etc., or someone who wishes to be known as a craftsman, craftswoman, artist, artisan, etc. This membership designation is designed for the craftsman who could potentially participate in any or all opportunities at the chapter or guild (or national) level. Members in this category may apply for master artisan status from chapter or guild. Active Seniors (ages 65+) and Students (actively enrolled with 6 or more credits) receive a discounted membership.
A lover of craft who is not actively working in craft– a spouse, youth 17 & under, a “retired from craft” individual, a senior who is no longer active, collector, friend, supporter, patron, etc. Wishes to be connected with the Guild but not as a craftsman. A Friend membership may be upgraded to “craftsman” at any time. Emeritus – A title to be applied to former craftsman members of all ages who have retired from craft, but want to be recognized as a former craftsman. Emeritus members retain master artisan status as applicable per the bylaws. Youth – Ages 18 & under. Youth are the only Friends eligible to participate in craft events as a “craftsman,” as part of ongoing efforts to encourage youth in craft.
Designed for any and all organizations, including a corporation, nonprofit organization, government, or private business that wishes to support the Guild and receive membership benefits. This category also includes individuals who resell craft work, such as gallery owners who wish to connect with the Guild to aid his or her business by gaining access to craftsmen and handmade wares for store inventory or store purposes. It is not intended for a gallery employee who does not influence the gallery’s buying decisions, etc.
Please complete the form below to add your Chapter Event. We will notify you when the event has been approved.
Our 11 Chapters are a vibrant part of the Pennsylvania Guild of Craftsmen, bringing the Guild into local communities to help build creative communities in 11 PA counties and beyond.
Each Chapter has its own flair and personality, yet all offer great fellowship, educational and sales opportunities, and so much more. Join a Chapter today and experience craft in your community!
2022 Chapter Challenge
The JCC/M committee is offering a challenge to all Chapters to display their collaboration, creativity, and competitiveness for a challenge.
The theme is “Water”. Beginning now with delivery to the PGC store by April 1, 2022, we encourage you to post your progress on social media, newsletters, and your local newspaper. There is a cash award for the First-Place Chapter and there is a People’s Choice Award. The entries will be on display in the PGC store through May 31, 2022. A community/family event is planned for May 7, 2022.
If there are any questions, please contact Denise Wilz at email@example.com or Bob Antonishak at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Each chapter may submit up to three works of art for the competition. If more than one entry is submitted by a chapter, individual members are limited to collaborating on a maximum of two entries.
2. Each work of art must have a minimum of three (3) members collaborating on each piece.
3. There can be no more than two artists of the same medium who work on the piece.
4. The work of art size must be no smaller than 3”x3”x3” nor larger than 18”x18”x18”.
5. The entries will be submitted to the PGC store manager between March 15 through April 1, 2022. No entries will be accepted after April 1, 2022.
6. Chapters and members are encouraged to chronicle the progress of their work through submitting images via their Instagram and pages, and tag PGC at @paguildofcraftsmen, hashtag #pgcchapterchallenge2022.
7. Entries shall require no maintenance, electricity, special lighting, or water during the judging and show period.
8. The Standards committee will judge the entry based on the Master Artisan criteria.
9. The Standards committee will name the winning entry.
10. The winning entry, Chapter, and collaborating chapter members will be recognized and have bragging rights for the entire year.
11. A “People’s Choice Award” ballot box will be available for the entire month of May 2022. Store patrons may vote limited to one per visit.
12. The entries will be on display in the store through May 31, 2022. All entries must be picked up by June 4, 2022, 5 PM. Entries not picked up by June 4th will be donated to the PGC store.
13. The Chapters may choose to sell their entries in the PGC store under the store rules; donate the items to the PGC for sale; Donate the items to be entered into an auction (date to be determined) or remove the items from the store. See rule #12.
A member has contributed $100.00 to the winning entry and encourages others to match their contribution.
2021 Chapter Highlight Display Initiative
The PGC is proud to tell the story of each of its 11 chapters via a highlight display in the store of our current members in good standing. We share these stories on social media and in our members’ newsletter. All participating members must be juried into our Guild Store in advance via the Online Application.
Highlighted Chapters of the Month:
April- Yellow Breeches
June- Cumberland Valley
July- Susquehanna Valley
September- Central PA
October- First State
December- Reading Berks
Click the logos below to visit each Chapter’s online presence!